Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sunset Weekends

Most Saturdays, i pack up at noon and then leave my city apartment in the afternoon to get to Bulacan just in time to catch the sunset. 



I'm a city girl through and through. I love the convenience of having everything within an arm's reach. I love the noise and the bustle. And until recently, I had this mindset that I would not be able to survive in the rural area.

When the parents bought a property in Marilao, Bulacan (and eventually lived there), I fell in love with the fishing lake outside my window, the vibrant trees lining our street and the fresh air.

Best of all – I fell in love with the sunset, which shows its splendid colors just outside my window each weekend. Or at least when it does not rain. 

I know you're thinking that Bulacan is not exactly “rural,” but believe me, our place is as rural as it can get.

Although our new home was inside a subdivision, it was bordered by fishing lakes. It was a modern fish-farming community with all nature intact – age-old sprawling trees, birds chirping and flying all around, neighbors trading fish from the ponds and vegetables from their backyards. I got to admit, though, that the trading was often more like giving away in bulk.

I really could live here. On weekends, at least. 


No comments:

Post a Comment